COVID-19: Contact Lens Wear During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Contact lens wear is safe during the pandemic if you follow the following guidelines:
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds and dry with an unused paper towel.
- Unless your lenses are daily disposables, be sure to clean and disinfect your lenses upon removal every night.
- Do not “top off” your solutions; use fresh solution daily.
- Replace your contact lens case and your solutions at least every month.
- Do not use tap water with your contact lenses.
- If you feel ill with cold or flu-like symptoms, you should discontinue contact lens wear during this time period.
Always follow the lens care recommendations of your eye care professional.
Source: The Contact Lens Manufacturers Association (CLMA) & The Gas Permeable Lens Institute (GPLI)